17.12.13

Little piece of heaven

Visiting Rustic Mornings by Isabelo is like going to a foreign abode, fully-adorned with lovely pieces taken from both various places across the globe and straight from the owner's house...but still feeling right at home.


Serendipity is the perfect word to describe it, although magic would be a close second. I had just bagged my first official job when my dear friend Elisa recommended this restaurant, telling me she had a feeling I'd fall in love with it as much as she did. (Seriously? The name alone sealed the deal.) So, to celebrate such achievement and as a sort of last hurrah before I drown myself in office work and try to beat the impossible write-up deadlines the magazine publishing industry abundantly has, the sisters and I decided to have after-church brunch there one Sunday in the middle of February.


"You have got to be kidding me" was the first thing that crossed my mind as we entered the gate. "How can such a place exist in the midst of this crazy metro?!" followed. I have been to quite a number of restaurants this year but I don't think anything could live up to this beauty...and that I first visited way back in mid-February says a lot. I was so giddy and grateful to have found a new happy place at the very start of the year.


As mentioned, it had the perfect mix of international and local in terms of decorations: china wares and perfume bottles on one side and sea shells and wooden-framed family photos in another area altogether. The blue and white combination, along with the intricate details on the floor tiles and wall decors, and matched with the playlist comprised on music in French, Italian, or Spanish jazzing up the room instantly takes me to dreamland, a place between sky and sea, somewhere reminiscent of Santorini, Greece.


By the time our food arrived, I felt as if I had already been put under a love spell and whatever I say any moment after would be nothing else but high praises. However, my sisters, who are self-confessed foodies, both agreed that the buttermilk pancakes, country omelette, and corned beef meals we ordered deserved a perfect ten on their book.


Still floating from joy, I had the guts to compliment the chef-owner of the restaurant, which I'm sure was surprised by my approach. She later revealed to us three that the interior designing of Rustic Mornings was taken care of by her mother. And that quick chitchat, ladies and gentlemen, took the cake then and there. I can't help but admire how the coming together of entire place was a collaborative effort of the family.


Before we bid farewell to this little piece of heaven, we made sure to survey the entire place. An ideal restaurant to host social gatherings (I'm looking at you 22nd birthday), besides the air-conditioned Santorini-inspired area, there are other well-embellished nooks and crannies which would definitely suit anyone's taste. Also, notice that Very Important Person Award hung next to the print media features of Isabelo...I bet it will melt your heart a little too.


I felt like walking in a dream that afternoon. But the truth of the matter is, if I really was asleep, I'd gladly wake up from my deep slumber and head to Rustic Mornings any given day!

No comments:

Post a Comment