9.6.18

Hanoi and Ha Long Bay, Vietnam (2016)

This little side trip to Hanoi and Ha Long Bay from our Bangkok adventure back in 2016 turned things around for me. We came with zero expectations, having only booked that flight because it was on sale, Frances wanted to make the most of her Asian vacation, and personally I had some extra savings (heard it wasn't too expensive in Vietnam) and terminal leaves. Without any detailed itinerary, the morning of our arrival we Googled then listed whatever we could feast our eyes and bellies on, opportunities to take in the history and culture of the towns we were visiting. And so, we explored for three full days...


Some notable stops you might wanna check out when you go: Old Quarter, French Quarter, Egg Coffee, Temple of Literature, Imperial Citadel of Thang Long, Vietnamese Women's Museum, Hoàn Kiếm Lake, Street Food Tour, and finally, the Ha Long Bay Overnight Cruise.

I left craving pho 24/7, longing to see more of the French colonial architecture, and missing my US-based best friend! So much so that I'm flying back to Hanoi next month...but this time, with my two best friends from college whom I haven't had the pleasure of travelling out of the country with. It ought to be fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment