9.5.14

Together

"Together or apart, no matter how far apart, we live in one another. We go on together."

I'm genuinely glad I still get to see my best girls in spite of the crazy lives we're living.


During the latter part of last year we met up for a little soiree of a housewarming party for three of our friends' (my sister included) new apartment. It's probably the homiest and coziest there is and I'm lucky to be able to spend my weekend nights as well as any given evening in the middle of the week (i.e. when I need to show up at our Makati office the morning after) in their two-storey loft. We all agree that it's definitely an upgrade from the 28th floor studio condo they've been cramming themselves into. On that fun November afternoon, we had pizza, mojos, and a whole lot of laughs together. We toasted Frannie's quick trip home and the ever-elusive Kylie's appearance with cupfuls of soda and water.


Christmas last year was quite special too. But you know, it's not without mishaps, as all our December dinners go. Still, we went all-out with our holiday cheer while looking our best: sparkles, sweaters, and an extra oomph to set the festive mood. That goes without saying that our pasta, pizza, and sausage meals were more than amazing. The gift exchanges too were spot-on, hooray! The perfect way to celebrate the years we've been growing up together!

Looking forward for more sweet moments like these with them. I mean, we're even betting on which one of us is getting married first! But that's an entirely different story. On an earlier timeline, however, we're extra excited to see the third Sisterhood movie (our second together). Lena, Bridget, Carmen, and Tibby have "matoored" alongside us and we wouldn't miss it for the world. Currently we're in the midst of a missing Everlasting book and I can't help but laugh; our traveling book (the one we passed around and scribbled on) resembles the Pants in more ways than one now... The rest is in our hands.

"The best parts of me are in you...You are who I am, and what I cherish in myself stays on in you."

No comments:

Post a Comment