13.8.12

Even if I knew my place

The past two months has been nothing but a learning experience. For one, much like this Eat-Pray-Love trip of mine, things don't always go the way we planned.


My August 11 (mis)adventure in pseudo-polaroids

Last Saturday when I was supposed to go to the mall to shop for fall clothes the public library to borrow some books (because unfortunately my eyes and my laptop are hurting), I ended up crashing a semi-formal lunch party while wearing the most casual get-up of all (shirt, shorts, and sandals)! I didn't have much of a choice; it was either I stay in the car for the whole two hours or go with Tito Chris and Joey. Of course I went with the latter. Although still trying to get over my humiliation, I'm glad it happened. If we hadn't gotten lost, I wouldn't have been to such a beautiful neighborhood and saw/tasted what the menu was like in a real American gathering (not much).

Come evening, the thought of the incident didn't bother me anymore. After spending what seemed like our quickest, record-breaking time at the grocery, we munched over cherries as we prepared one of our best dinners to date: pork sinigang and fried bangus. The night ended on a sweet note, with our very own homemade apple pie served with vanilla ice cream. Our (mis)adventure was lovely and heart-fattening enough for me to easily forgive ourselves when I found out that we passed the library at least five times that day, without our knowing. Geez, and we thought we could trust the GPS! Next time, dear library!

No comments:

Post a Comment