3.10.12

Always under the same sky

Although I'm getting used to being on my own and away from the people I love, once in a while I still find myself missing them. The silence is calming, but I keep looking for the chaos only present when I have close friends and family around. I have honestly forgotten what it's like. I long for the comfort of their warm embrace and am counting down the days when I finally see their grins again—and this time outside Skype. Understanding that this distance is only temporary, however, motivates me and makes me strive to be the better person I have always hoped, the me I was seeking out for on this journey...

And I say a little prayer—


For the silly Gs, my relatives in Maryland, that they continue to share jokes at the dinner table and fight (lovingly) about who gets to use the computer


For my ModPo professor and TAs in Pennsylvania, who reignited my passion for poetry and whom I wish I could visit and meet before I return home


For my Somo-underscore-cousins (especially those in California), to keep the bond and the love alive wherever we may end up in


For my Moks, my best friend in Texas, we will have our chance someday

For me, courage as always: that I do what it takes and make the most out of the couple of months I have left on this side of the world. And finally for us; may we all be blessed with peace and clarity, and faith and love, everyday for the rest of our lives.

Photos were taken during my rather pleasant flights to and from Los Angeles; the stopovers were quite coincidental and I had window seats without fail, which made up for the hassle and stress caused by running from one terminal to another, chasing my next trip.

10 comments:

  1. aww. you sure are missing them nang, I can read that feeling in this post. :)
    as what the philosopher says in Ecclesiastes, there's always a season for everything.
    blessings!

    p.s.
    have started my own blog man nang! hehehe. daw wala pman gid sya galing that kdamo nga entries.
    GB! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you gid, Jonah! I commented on your second entry about an hour and a half ago. Timing ka lang! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorely missing you, kat! very sincere post. always excited for you :) and am sure you will find whatever you want to sooner or later. just keep your fingers crossed all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excited to see everyone again! Wala nga lang akong dalang Georgetown Cupcakes...sorry. And man, now I'm craving! Talk to you soon! :)

      Delete
  4. Aww I love airplane shots and yours look absolutely well-composed! So beautiful Kat!

    ♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the shots. one word, beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April, you've always been so kind! Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Aww Kat! I feel you! It won't be long until you set foot in our homeland and hug everyone you've missed! <3 Love the new layout of your blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to be reunited with them again, but still excited on how I'll be spending the rest of my stay here. :D Hope all is well for you! And thank you! <3

      Delete