8.6.14

Excuse me as I process my feelings


By the end of this week I found myself in a State of Grace and let me tell you, I am more than Okay. The experience truly deserves a real-time update before these thoughts and emotions I hold dear will inevitably be lost in the void, so I'm putting the eventful half a year's worth of interesting stories waiting to be written with wonderful photos waiting to be shared on hold for now.

It's been forever since I last got excited for the release of a new movie. Unlike Gus and Hazel's story, it was love at first read for me and The Fault in Our Stars about two years ago, at the beginning of what had been my endless, amazing summer. Indeed the pageturner tugged at my heartstrings that I simply couldn't put the book down and had to finish it in one sitting, which lasted until the wee hours of the morning. Even months after I couldn't resist going back to the quotes and fall in love all over again.

So imagine when I found out that they were making a movie and casting the lovely Shailene Woodley, whom I have admired since The Secret Life of the American Teenager, as Hazel! In some way she inspired me to cut my hair and donate it to our school's cancer organization as well. Fangirl in more ways than one. Eventually it all came together, with me having my own #tfioscountdown while listening to the soundtrack on repeat and not so long later waiting in line at the cinema to buy tickets for my siblings and I on opening day.

Personally, I loved how the film turned out. Despite what they all say, for me, it was faultless. Perfect, just the way I imagined it to be. It gave the book justice, everything made a lot more sense, and my life had been better since. With this as the second book I've read before I watched its movie (the first being The Perks of Being A Wallflower), I'm seriously beginning to like my choices... That, and I still can't believe I now have a major schoolgirl crush on Ansel Elgort (Augustus Waters). For sure it will be so difficult to get over TFIOS, but who's complaining? I'll gladly keep these kids close to my heart for a very long time.

Same is true with my Taylor Swift Red Tour experience. I can't be considered an all-out Swiftie or whatever but I have always been a huge fan of her and her music, especially of her latest album, that I simply could not let the opportunity to hear and see her perform live slide. Thankfully I was still able to get a hold of tickets for my sister, her friends, and me in early March through a friend even after the show had been sold out in only a couple of hours.

It was the perfect "Thank God it's Friday" moment: me among the crowd of thousands (local celebrities included) singing and swaying along as Taylor sings the hits from her recent album while also adding her chart-topping songs like Love Story and You Belong with Me. By the end of the night, my feet were cramping like hell from all the jumping and standing, and my camera filled with video excerpts of her awesome performances and hopefully still-shareable concert photos thanks to the crazy fangirls seated in front of me who kept blocking my view. In spite of all that, I had a newfound appreciation for Taylor and did not regret attending her somewhat short but sweet show.

I was burning Red on these numbered days and I cannot tell you how thankful I am for this little infinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment