25.6.12

Messin' with the kid

I finally got a hang of babysitting my two-and-a-half year old cousin, Remy. He is a hundred percent adorable and yet eighty percent makulit (as kids usually are). I have tried every trick in the book to make this little guy happy. For almost two weeks now, we have done nothing else but watch a lot of Cars, Fireman Sam, Blue's Clues, and Dora the Explorer episodes, eat tons of ice pops and Nutella sandwiches, read and study books about numbers and colors, and play with either the iPod or Lego blocks.

So far everything has been great. Nothing tragic happened yet (haha!). But unfortunately for me, he is the most difficult person to put to sleep. "No" has been his favorite word. But as I have said, I got used to it and he eventually falls asleep anyway (phew!). Even so, I cannot help but love him. And it certainly helps that he is so cute! Just look at those cheeks and those long eyelashes!


Achievement of the day: he finally knows my name. He used to confuse "Issa" with "Tita" and I would (jokingly) scold him if he gets it wrong because 1) well, it's just wrong, I am not his aunt but his cousin, and 2) I have never felt so old in my life. In any case, I am very thankful that I am learning a lot here: from cooking, to doing the laundry, to taking care of a child...Life skills, really. A new chapter of my life awaits and I think I might be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment