21.6.12

Strange and beautiful

Last Saturday the relatives and I took a short day trip to Washington, D.C. Among all the things we did, cruising by and walking down the streets of unfamiliar neighborhoods may be the one I enjoyed most. Under the summer sun, we strolled down the road and I reveled at how one house can be similar and different from another. They were just so beautiful in a vintage kind of way, my sort of thing. And for a moment I thought I could live in that area. The feelings I had were quite overwhelming.


P.S. And I'm dressed like I actually live around here, didn't mind at all!

2 comments:

  1. Awrgh, so JEALOUS! I've always wanted to go to D.C.! Are you trying to learn how to drive yet? It was one of the first things I did when I got here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we were just there for a couple of hours, to have brunch. for sure i'm coming back for all the museums and sights! :) and no, not yet. i know i have to though, i can't go anywhere if i won't!

      Delete