24.6.12

Over the hills and far away

Aside from the welcoming sun, it's the pretty surroundings that attracted me most to my relatives' home. Imagine waking up every morning to see rays of sunlight creeping through tall and healthy trees. It's a glorious feeling. I'm so grateful that this trip has reminded me how much I appreciate nature and the simple things in life.

Speaking of nature and the wilderness, I also like how I could easily find animals I'm not really acquainted with. So far I have seen groundhogs, squirrels, and rabbits along random sidewalks. My aunt said it's normal to spot these kinds of animals around their area. In fact, they have a resident rabbit that goes around the front yard and possibly even a family of deer nesting under their deck!

Last week, while Tita Inds was doing some gardening, Mr. Rabbit showed up so she called me so I could finally meet the little guy. It looked too cute and fuzzy, I had to run back to the house, grab the camera, and take a couple of photos. I am yet to see the deer responsible for eating most of my Tita's roses, though. I am honestly very excited because I used to be a huge fan of Bambi.

In the meantime, hello world, meet Bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment